Attention!!! In this blog, we will discover a magical superfood that we are fans of in #Greenvita and that you will find in our “healthy kitchen”. What food are we talking about …? Hint … it is a traditional food from the North of Africa. Do you know what food we are referring to? To couscous!
Couscous is an ingredient that should be present in your kitchen because it is a delicious food that contains many good properties for our body: it gives us energy and protects the most sensitive parts of our body. Do you know how is it made? Curious fact! Couscous is made with wheat semolina, vegetables, chickpeas, and red meat.
The time has come to know what super properties and benefits couscous has for us!
1. In the first place, it helps us protect our immune system thanks to the antioxidants it contains that eliminate toxins from the blood vessels and strengthen our defenses.
2. Second, couscous strengthens our muscles; in this case the selenium contained in couscous is responsible for developing muscle mass and making us stronger.
3. Third, it contributes to the prevention of cancer because the minerals in couscous act as catalysts in our metabolism.
4. Fourth, it protects us and takes care of our hearts, since being a food rich in selenium, couscous reduces the risk of suffering from heart attacks or strokes.
Look how delicious the couscous is !! … well, wait #Greenviters, this is not over yet. We continue!
5. Fifthly, it takes care of our bones since, being a food rich in calcium, this prevents their wear and tear or also minimizes the possibility of having bone fractures.
6. Sixth, it is a spectacular source of vitamin B, as it contains thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, B6, folic acid, and pantothenic acid.
7. In seventh place, it must be recognized that couscous is a magnificent antioxidant and antibacterial.
8. And finally, it is very rich in manganese, a mineral that allows us to keep our blood, bones, nerves, hormones and brain healthy.
At #Greenvita we love couscous and that is why you can enjoy it in our dishes.
We are waiting for you in our restaurants! And very importantly, remember our motto #EATWELL #LIVEWELL. Greetings!