Tips to maintain good habits in summer
Hello Greenvitter! Welcome to the July post! Here are some tips for healthy summer habits. How are you spending the summer? Are you more beach 🏝 or mountain ⛰? Or maybe you happen to be like us! We love both options! 😜
Wherever you like to enjoy the high temperatures this summer, take care and protect your body with these simple and practical tips that we have prepared for you 😘
Take care of your skin
Your skin plays a fundamental role in protecting you from external factors, so you have to thank it for its daily work with love and care. Excessive exposure to the sun’s rays can cause burns, premature aging, spots and other problems. Greenviter! We share with you the essential secrets to take care of your skin:
- Use sunscreen of at least 30 SPF, always remember to apply it before leaving your home and re apply, at least, every 2 hours
- The sun between noon and 4pm is at its strongest intensity, try to avoid exposure at these times and if this is not possible, try to find shade where you can protect yourself
- Hydration is extremely important for the skin. Drink plenty of water and apply protective moisturizers on your body which also allows water to be retained inside the skin.
Speaking of hydration…
We have always been told that we should drink a lot of water 💦 especially in summer ⛱ Do you know why? 🤔 In summer we endure high temperatures, excess heat has negative repercussions on our body. Reddened skin, sunstroke, cramps, a feeling of exhaustion, nausea, general malaise, surely you have felt at least one of these symptoms at some time in summer since they are some of the most common effects of dehydration. Nobody likes to feel bad and summer is for you to have fun and relax to the fullest. Hydrate yourself by drinking plenty of water, natural juices, cold infusions or refreshing creams.
Tips for hydration in summer:
- Try to always carry a bottle of water, it is recommended to drink 2 liters a day
- If you find water a bit boring, prepare flavored water (it can be with bits of strawberry, lemon, cucumber, watermelon, whatever comes to mind…)
- Avoid soft drinks and processed juices as their sugar content is high
- Avoid consuming alcohol in excess, alcohol has a diuretic effect and dehydrates, if you drink alcohol, drink water too.
Let’s enjoy the outdoors!
Summer invites you to get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors. We give you some tips to compensate for the sedentary lifestyle of winter that you can do alone or in company:
- Take walks at a good pace to reactivate the body. The ideal is to reach 10,000 steps a day according to experts.
- Sign up for a sporting event
- We recommend the Splau Running Club where, in addition to playing sports, our delicious burgers await you to reward you haz clic aquí
- Take your dog for a walk
- And, if you have us nearby, stop by your nearest GreenVita restaurant, we are pet lovers, we are Pet Friendly!
- Do water activities
- Sea water is made up of many minerals that benefit our body and improve our health: circulation, cardiovascular capacity, our lungs are cleaned, it helps with the hydration of our skin and provides relaxation for our mind. The sea is our perfect ally!
- Exercises on the beach are a plus since the instability of the sand helps to improve our balance with the simple act of walking, in addition it helps our muscles being more toned.
- Other options to enjoy the beach: Run, play paddle tennis, do yoga, organize a volleyball competition, …
- Hiking. Being in contact with nature reduces stress as plants, flowers and trees give off negative ions that are beneficial and bring well-being.
- If you are more daring, adventure sports always accompanied by qualified personnel such as rafting, canyoning are highly recommended and fun options.
Let’s not forget good nutrition
A summer without giving you a reward would not be a good summer. Reward yourself from time to time but don’t forget the good habits you’ve been building throughout the year. At GreenVita we are passionate about healthy eating, tasty dishes and having fun:
- Prepare fresh salads of vegetables, fruits or legumes.
- Fancy something sweet and refreshing? Opt for a fruit salad with seasonal fruits, rich in beta-carotene and vitamins that hydrate, refresh and are beneficial.
- If one day you make an excess, try to compensate with another lighter and more balanced meal.
At GreenVita you live well and eat well,
and summer is no exception.
Enjoy to the fullest! We’ll meet again in the next Greenviter blog!