We all know that before doing any physical activity of a certain intensity, we have to warm up to avoid injuries and drink to avoid dehydration, but what to eat after doing sport?
Hello Greenviter! Summer is an ideal time to exercise outdoors as long as it is not in hours of intense heat.
What foods are healthy?
Well yes, there are healthy foods to eat after doing sport that promote muscle recovery, provide us with the nutrients that we have lost during physical activity and are the perfect complement to our sports session.
List of healthy foods to eat after doing sport
We recommend these 8 healthy foods to eat after doing sport:
- Banana: ideal for muscle recovery because it is rich in potassium (to prevent muscle cramps) and magnesium, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Blue Fish: Its essential amino acids and omega 3 contribute to strengthening muscle mass. It is recommended for training sessions of moderate or high intensity. Salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, are some of the most common oily fish.
- Eggs: thanks to their rich contribution of high-quality protein that helps fat loss and muscle recovery.
- Avocado: its high content of unsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E and proteins of vegetable origin favors cardiovascular health, the recovery of muscle mass and maintaining optimal cholesterol levels.
- Rice: brown rice is an excellent source of fuel against physical exhaustion and also helps us to recover the intestinal mucosa and eliminate waste.
- Soy milk: provides a large amount of energy to the body thanks to its healthy fats and its high amount of protein. In addition, its vitamins and fiber make it ideal for athletes in general and high-impact training.
- Nuts: Almonds or walnuts are a source of fiber that also give us energy back quickly. Proteins and essential fatty acids are responsible for its beneficial properties.
- Quinoa: it is an excellent satiating agent, it is easy to digest and, in addition to fiber and protein, it is an ideal antioxidant to keep our cells young.
Your healthy realfood restaurant
You already know, Greenvita is your healthy realfood restaurant in Barcelona.
In our menu we offer you different healthy and delicious dishes where these ingredients are the main protagonists.
We suggest these healthy dishes for after sport:
After doing sports, stop by your favorite GreenVita or order at greenvita.com and let yourself be taken care of because you don’t forget that a good diet is the basis of good health.