Pay attention, because today we’re going to tell you all about one of the “musts” of our #healthykitchen philosophy. One of those firm, non-negotiable aspects that you’ll always find in our healthy, sustainable and local food.
Do you know what we’re talking about?
Here’s a clue. Imagine if you could pick a tomato straight from the vine. Imagine its smell, its colour, its texture and its taste. Imagine even the properties of a freshly picked food. Now think about a tin of tomatoes. Think about all the processing it has gone through to reach you. Think about everything to goes into making a single tin. Think about the tomatoes travelling thousands of miles inside one of those tins.
Which sounds better to you? A real tomato or a processed tomato?
Today, dear #Greenviter, we want to talk to you about Real Foods. But … What does ‘real food’ mean?
Well, it’s easy #Greenviters. They are the ultimate foods. Those that, thanks to their minimal processing, retain their composition and have not lost any of their natural quality or healthy properties, leaving their original taste fully intact.
In summary: they are authentic foods. The good foods we use in our cooking: fruits, seeds, vegetables, quality dairy products, pulses… All with minimal processing outside of our kitchens to ensure they retain all their properties and flavour. For example, on our menu, you’ll find Real Foods in all our recipes: Grilled Quinoa & Avocado, Grilled Eggs with Potatoes & Truffled Mushrooms or Eco Kimchi Red Rice.
Finally, here are a few of the benefits of real food, to encourage you to book a table at one of our restaurants:
- Real foods are highly nutritious
- They’re packed with protein
- Real foods contain NO refined sugars
- Real food is higher in soluble fibre
- Real foods contain polyphenols
- Real foods contain NO artificial TRANS fats
- They’ll help you to eat more slowly
- Real foods can reduce your sugar cravings
- You can eat more of them and still lose weight
- They will reduce your consumption of ultra-processed foods
- Real food will help you make changes to your lifestyle
Come to GreenVita! Come and enjoy the #healthykitchen movement!!! We can’t wait to see you in our restaurants! And, most importantly, remember our motto: #EATWELL #LIVEWELL. All the best!