Greenviter, surely you have heard that probiotics are good for our body and our health, but what really are probiotics and what are their benefits?
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that live in the intestine that maintain, and even improve, the body to keep it happy and healthy.
The WHO (World Health Organization) defines probiotics as “live microorganisms, which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a beneficial effect on the health of the subject who receives them”.
The benefits of these bacteria help us facilitate digestion, strengthen our immune system and help improve the absorption of nutrients.
- Knowing that probiotics are an ally for our body, it is important to highlight some of their benefits.
- Fight diseases such as cancer, hemorrhoids, urinary infection and candidiasis
- Prevent intestinal diseases such as colitis, Crohn’s disease, intestinal inflammation and colitis
- It helps us against constipation, moderating intestinal transit
- Fights acidity and improves our digestion
- Improves the absorption of nutrients such as calcium, iron and vitamin B
- Strengthens the immune system and prevents the reproduction of bad bacteria in our intestine
- It helps us improve our mood, since there is a direct relationship between the balance of the intestinal flora with a decrease in diseases such as anxiety and depression
Now, there are two ways to ingest probiotics, either by increasing your intake of foods that contain it or through supplements.
At GreenVita we are dedicated to healthy cooking and healthy eating that is beneficial for your well-being and is also absolutely exquisite.
That is why in our menu you can find dishes with ingredients that are main sources of probiotics so that you receive your intake of these microorganisms that are good for you, Greenviter.
- Yogurt – Perhaps the best known source of probiotics, it is ideal for getting your daily probiotic intake.
- Why not indulge yourself with our Artisan Yogurt dessert that, in addition to being delicious, you can consume probiotics to keep your body happy.
- Kombucha – A fermented drink that contains endless beneficial properties, one of them, probiotics for the proper functioning of our body.
- Accompany your dishes at GreenVita with our refreshing Kombucha available with Ginger or Verbena.
- Miso – A key ingredient in Japanese cuisine that is another very good source of probiotics due to its high content of umami, a natural flavor enhancer.
- We dare you to try our hot starter Eggplant Miso & Feta
- Kimchi – Korean variant of sauerkraut, is a fermented Chinese cabbage that is another very good rich source of probiotics.
- We recommend you try our Tuna Poke containing Kimchi or our Eco Kimchi Red Rice, absolutely fa-bu-lous.
It is important to include probiotics in our diet on a regular basis, especially at times when we go through digestive discomfort, intestinal discomfort or periods of increased stress, as it helps to keep our intestinal flora balanced and therefore keep our body comfortable and healthy.